Saturday, March 7, 2015
Keep an eye on this page for updates
February 27, 2015
Physics: a science that deal with matter and energy and their interactions in the fields of mechanics, acoustics, optics, heat, electricity, magnetism, radiation, atomic structure, and nuclear phenomena.
Olympics: an ancient Panhellenic festival held every 4th year and made up of contests of sports, music, and literature; Olympic Games: a modified revival of the Olympian games held once every four years and made up of international athletic contests.
Combine these two and you have the annual YSU Physics Olympics, a gathering of high school students in competition designed to strengthen the mind, to demonstrate physics in applied settings, and to have fun.
- The Mystery Problem competition has been elminated
- New competition: House of Cards!
- Check the rules for changes and clarifications, highlighted in yellow.
- The song for Making Music: Hang on Sloopy
- The theme for Physics Hang-Ups: Rotational motion
- Registration remains at $20
- No more free parking: those parking in Lot M24 (near McDonald's, across Fifth Avenue from Beeghley Center) will be charged $5 per car. For those bringing buses, contact Parking Services at 330-941-3546 for information about drop-off and parking.