Six YSU faculty members receive 2005 teaching awards from the Northeast Ohio Council on Higher Education at a luncheon on October 7, 2005 at the University of Akron. The YSU recipients are:
- Maria DeLost, Professor and Director of Clinical Laboratory Programs.
- Jacek Fabrykowski, Associate Professor of Mathematics and Statistics.
- William Rick Fry, Professor of Psychology.
- Randy L. Hoover, Professor of Teacher Education.
- Richard A. McEwing, Professor, Educational Administration, Research & Foundations.
- Victor F. Wan-Tatah, Professor of Philosophy & Religious Studies.
"These YSU faculty members represent the best of the best classroom teachers in the state, and in the nation for that matter,” said Robert K. Herbert, YSU provost and vice president for academic affairs. “Their dedication to teaching, to the university and most especially to their students is commendable and well worth this recognition."
The YSU faculty members are among 56 faculty from 20 colleges and university’s throughout Northeast Ohio to receive the awards. The recipients were drawn from the more than 9,000 full and part-time faculty members in the region.
"The list of 2005 honorees makes clear that great teaching is delivered in multiple forms,” says Charles Hickman, NOCHE executive director.
Charismatic lectures, introduction of simulations and field study programs that give students ‘hands-on’ learning opportunities, creative use of new learning technologies, and providing extraordinary access to students outside the classroom for academic advice and counseling are among the ways that these faculty members enhance learning at our member institutions.