The University Director of the Individualized Curriculum Program has primary responsibility for program administration. Each college has an ICP Coordinator to provide oversight and administration of ICP degrees awarded in their college. The ICP Advisory Committee, consisting of all of the College Coordinators and chaired by the Director, meets as needed to discuss policies and procedures.
2. Eligibility requirements
- For a baccalaureate degree, the student must have at least 32 s.h. completed.
- The student's GPA must be at least 2.50.
- For a baccalaureate degree the student must have at least 30 s.h. left to complete once the program has been approved. For an associate degree, there must be at least 20 s.h.'s remaining.
- The final approval of the ICP rests with the dean of the college that will award the degree.
3. Program Requirements for the Bachelor's Degree
- Each program will include a concentration of at least 48 s.h. Courses with grades of "D" or "F" and courses taken on a CR/NC basis may not be applied toward the concentration.
- Concentrations may not include more than 4 semester hours of individualized study.
- Programs shall meet all university requirements and requirements of the college in which the degree is given.
- At least 60 s.h. of courses numbered 2600 or higher, of which 48 s.h. must be in courses number 3700 or higher, must be completed for the degree. Some degrees include a foreign language requirement and may also specify additional requirements.
- Approval of an ICP does not free a student from prerequisites associated with courses in the program.
General Education Requirements for a Baccalaureate Degree
ENGL 1550 & 1551 Two Natural Science courses, one with lab
CMST 1545 Two Arts & Humanities courses
MATH 2623 or substitute Two Social Science courss
Capstone Course Two Social & Personal Awareness courses
One General Education Elective course
4. Program Requirements for the Associate's Degree
- Each program will include a concentration of at least 21 s.h. Courses with grades of "D" or "F" and courses taken CR/NC may not be used in the program.
- Concentration may not include more than 4 s.h. of individualized study.
- Programs must meet all university requirements and the requirements of the college awarding the degree.
- Approval of the ICP does not free a student from prerequisites associted with courses in the program.
General Education Requirements for an Associate's Degree
ENGL 1550 & 1551
Four additonal courses from Mathematics, Natural Science, Social Studies, Art & Humanities or Social and Personal Awreness. No more than one course may be from Mathematics. Please note that colleges may requires specific courses for their associate degree.