Check out YESS on Facebook
- Wednesday, April 23, YSU Earth Day 2014
- Over 20 groups with displays and information including: Ohio EPA, Grow Youngstown, Mahoning County Soil & Water, Friends of the Mahoning River, Cityscape, Treez Please, Green Team, Eastgate, Western Reserve Land Conservancy and many more!!
- Free event
- Check out the raffel for a bag of environmentally friendy products at the YESS table.
- Special Speaker: Wednesday, April 23, 2014, 7:30 PM, 2000 Moser Hall (Schwebel Auditorium)
- Dr. Mark Jacobsom, Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Stanford University
- "Roadmaps for transitioning all 50 U.S. states to wind, water, and solar power for all purposes."
- Coming soon: Get ready for YESS garden planting. Need ideas on what to plant and summer volunteer schedule. If you are interested contact Dr. Felicia Armstrong atfparmstrong AT ysu DOT edu.
- June 9, 2013, Riverfest at the B&O Station
- Next YESS meeting
- Garden planting
Are you interested in becoming involved in campus activities that make a difference!
Then Youngstown Sustainability Society is the group for you!!
To contact YESS for more information on activities send email to yess_ohio AT yahoo DOT com or email Sarah Perrine, president of YESS at sarahperrine11 AT gmail DOT com or fauclty adviser Dr. Armstrong at fparmstrong AT ysu DOT edu.
YESS Officiers for 2013-2014
President - Sarah Perrine
Vice President - Derek Scott
Treasurer/Secretary - Fionna Kelly
YESS Garden on the campus of YSU. Produce is shared by YESS garden volunteers.
YSU Earth Day
Earth Day 2009
Our video from the 2009 NWF Chill Out video competition
The 'Rock' painted as the earth for Earth Day 2008.
Tree planting for Earth Day 2008.
YESS table display on YSU's Earth Day 2008.
'Step It Up' National Day of Climate Action, November 2007